Lead Software Engineer - Networking
Full time - Oslo, Norway
Do you want to work on interesting projects using state-of-the-art technology? Dimension10 AS is in strong growth and are now looking for skilled and versatile software engineers for several exciting full-time positions.
Dimension10 AS is a world leading technology company that develops next-generation visualization and collaboration tools in Virtual Reality (VR) for professional use. The product allows users to independently create virtual meeting rooms, include their own 3D models (usually straight out of another CAD application) and invite other people to participate. Once in VR, the participants can explore the model in miniature- or full scale, take measurements, record findings (with attached text and screenshots) and more.
Our customers include a number of reputable Norwegian and international companies in the architecture-, construction-, manufacturing-, design- and oil and gas industries.
In the technical team at Dimension10 we have three primary areas of development:
- Unity and .NET Development (e.g improving the VR client)
- Model Importer Development (e.g support more 3D file formats)
- Network Development (synchronizing user actions, analytics etc)
These individually covers a lot of different technologies, languages and frameworks and we thus want developers focusing on one, with the possibility of doing tasks related to the others as well.
At Dimension10, we are currently about to launch our own multiuser/multiplayer server - built ourselves from the ground up in Rust - which will supersede the P2P library based one we used earlier. Launching this is only the first step though, as we have a lot of exciting plans dealing with topics such as cloud computing, feature analytics etc. In addition to the multiuser server the network department is also responsible for the databases, the various web services, the administration console, the analytics page etc.
To do all this, we need more skilled engineers on board, and we are thus looking for an experienced lead developer that can both develop and be responsible to the development related to networking.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming paradigms and design patterns.
- Familiar with a wide variety of algorithms and data structures and their pros and cons.
- Be able to write concise and high performance code.
- Conscientious about refactoring, proper testing and debugging.
- Comfortable in an object oriented backend language, such as C#, Java, C++, Rust or Go.
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL) and proficient in SQL.
- Be well-versed in security topics such as hashing and encryption.
- Familiar with common network design principles such as Restful, Microservices etc.
- Familiar with Amazon Web services, such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda and GameLift.
- Be familiar with Linux and fluid on the command line.
Good to have
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with agile development and Atlassian Jira + Confluence (or similar)
- The possibility of working on an exciting and innovative product.
- Your opinion matters: Every developer at Dimension10 has a say in how a solution is implemented and what tasks you would like to work on.
- Great learning opportunities: We like to use the newest and coolest of all the tools, and have a wide spread of technologies we use.
- An office space in downtown Oslo (right next to Stortinget T-bane).
- Fun and relaxed culture: Beers in the fridge, a PS4 in the meeting room and frequent board game nights.
- Optional home office day once a week.
- Highly committed, motivated and skilled colleagues with a strong passion for software engineering.
Workplace: Øvre Slottsgate 4, Oslo.
Startup: Immediately or by appointment/agreement
Hours: Full Time.
Application deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Contact Human Relations (email@example.com) at Dimension10 AS by sending application and resume/CV via email.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!